FieldBee provides an excellent alternative for dealer GPS systems. However, the 5000 Euro ($5750 USD) starting price for an auto steer kit and a yearly app subscription at 120 Euro ($135 USD), can still be a bit pricey for small farms. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to FieldBee, have a look at my products. I even include the screen to run it on based on a Panasonic Toughbook tablet or laptop. Please contact me to discuss your needs!
FieldBee functionality as stated on their website
- Centimetre accuracy with L2 RTK receiver.
- High quality products made in EU & North America.
- Modular. Start with guidance and add auto steer when you need it.
- Affordable price.
- Free updates to the software. However, there is a subscription for auto steer.
- Free remote support.
- Does NOT include the display. You need to run it on your own tablet, and not just any tablet of course. Most tablets can be hard to see out in field conditions with glare and sunlight. FieldBee is also Android only, won’t run on an iPad. It also has very high system requirements, so a tablet with these requirements will be quite expensive. If you want one with an outdoor viewable display, you’re looking at close to $500-1000 in additional cost. If you want a rugged unit to handle dust or dirt, that’s even more money and even harder to find.
How my FieldBee alternative compares
- Same accuracy. My RTK is not expensive!
- Same, except it’s EU & Japan.
- Same. Auto steer does take some work with my units, but it’s way cheaper.
- An even lower price. How about $2050 shipped for a complete RTK guidance system with 10″ screen?
- Same. Even better, there’s no subscription for auto steer.
- Same. I do it via AnyDesk and it comes installed on all my units. Remote support on an Android tablet is much more limited in scope vs what is possible on a Toughbook running Windows.
- DOES include a RUGGED Toughbook laptop or tablet with an OUTDOOR VIEWABLE display and large screen from 10 to 15 inches. Refurbished unit with warranty.
- $1075-1300 Essential a reasonable starting point!
- $1300-1525 Middle with extra options. *Popular*
- $2050-2275 Ultimate RTK sub inch precision without subscription and further upgrades.
- $2525-2800 Ultimate+ RTK additional upgrades and options for higher performance. *Popular*
- $3075-3360 Everything 30 RTK range upgrade to 50 km (30 mi) and even more options.
Why are my units a good FieldBee alternative?
All of the units below can’t beat the value I offer. They can’t beat the fact that there’s no subscription. Their functionality is similar. It’s a clear win, from a value perspective! FieldBee | EZ-Guide 250 | Topcon X14 | Agricision onTrak | Patchwork BlackBox Air | Sixty-5 Grass-Guide | FarmerGPS | Ag Leader Compass | Teejet Matrix 430 | Raven Cruizer | Trimble CFX-750 | CenterLine 220 | John Deere My systems are compatible with with all tractor brands such as John Deere Case IH Massey Ferguson New Holland Fendt Mahindra Deutz-Fahr Kubota Valtra Claas International.